Saturday, March 04, 2006

1970's Fads, Fashions, and other Faux Pas

How well do you remember the 1970's? Were you a victim of times jumping on every new fad or trend? Or were you stuck in the 1960's? Here are some fads I can think of from the early to middle 1970's.
  • Platform shoes - yep, I owned a pair in our school colors, blue & white.

  • Pet rocks - can you say, "sit, stay, play dead?"

  • Skirts - did you have trouble making up your mind between mini, medi, or maxi lenght?

  • 8 Track Tapes - damn, where did I put my copy of Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road?

  • Glasses - plastic or wire rimmed? If you were like me you compromised and had plastic wire rimmed glasses.

  • Hair - yes, we had hair. What was your favorite style?


  • Let me know your favorite fad or trend and I'll add it here.

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Sig said...

    Great hearing from you Tom! Please feel free to offer suggestions for content to include in the Blog.

    8:07 AM PST  

    Post a Comment

    << Home